Sorry for the late response to the signing of Desmond Bishop
The Minnesota Vikings signed ex Green Bay Packer Middle Linebacker Desmond Bishop to a one year deal. Justin Schneider and other Vikings fans might be excited, but I am still a little hesitant on how much Bishop will contribute. Can he stay healthy is the biggest question mark. Desmond has struggled with calf injuries and sat out all of the 2012 NFL season with a torn hamstring injury. I don't hate the signing because if he can stay healthy he adds competition in the middle with Erin Henderson and also adds depth at the linebacker position. The more proven players we add the better and competition is always good. Overall it was a no brainer signing and worse case scenario it doesn't work out.
Desmond Bishop if healthy:
-Provides great run support
-Pressures the quarterback
-Can make big plays and provide a spark to this young linebacker core
Desmond Bishop Must:
-Improve his coverage skills both in man and zone defense
Tuesday, June 25, 2013
Sunday, June 23, 2013
1. Denver Broncos- This offense is legit with Peyton Manning healthy and with three special Wide Receivers in Demaryius Thomas, Eric Decker and newly acquired Wes Welker. Their Defense is pretty good as well. They will stay #1 unless some major injury.
2. San Francisco 49ERS- They will be without Michael Crabtree for most of the season, but did add Anquan Boldin. This Defense is nasty and will carry this team to many victories. If Colin Kaepernick can stay healthy this team has a shot at winning it all. Quinton Patton is a nice addition and could be a solid #2 Wideout.
3. Seattle Seahawks- The addition of Percy Harvin makes this offense even more scary. Russell Wilson is a special quarterback The Defense speaks for themselves.
4. Atlanta Falcons- Matt Ryan with Julio Jones and Roddy White makes this offense one of the best in the league. Don't forget about Tony Gonzales! This Defense must improve.
5. New Orleans Saints- They will bounce back with Sean Payton back. Look for Drew Brees to have a spectacular season. This Defense should improve and give them a shot at making a deep run in the playoffs.
6. New York Giants- The Giants are always risky, but Eli Manning can make this team a contender again.
7. New England Patriots- This has been an interesting offseason with Wes Welker gone and addition of Danny Amendola, Rob Gronkowski injuries and Aaron Hernandez in deep trouble. Can Coach Belicheck overcome all of this?
8. Green Bay Packers- Aaron Rodgers loses one of his favorite wideouts in Greg Jennings and need his young receiving corp and running game to perform. This Defense is still a question mark! Eddie Lacy should be a stud behind Aaron Rodgers.
9. Houston Texans- J.J. Watt is a stud and is such a dominate Defensive player who can make such huge plays. Will Andre Johnson regain his dominance? Can DeAndre Hopkins create a great #2 weapon for Schaub?
10. Cincinnati Bengals- Andy Dalton and A.J. Green are amazing, but need their Defense to step it up.
11. Minnesota Vikings- This might be a homer pick, but how can you not be excited on the direction they are heading? Christian Ponder needs to prove himself, but has some options in Greg Jennings, Cordarrelle Patterson, Kyle Rudolph and Jarius Wright. This Defense is young and is built upfront. Look for the Vikings to surprise critics this year. Can anyone stop Adrian Peterson?
12. Indianapolis Colts- Andrew Luck is the real deal and will only improve this season. The Defense must get better!
13. Carolina Panthers- Cam Newton is a big time threat and can do so much. Look for Brandon Lafell to step up and be a threat. This Defense must eliminate big plays.
14. Dallas Cowboys- Tony Romo got a new deal and the pressure will still be there, but look for him to take a step forward this season. Dez Bryant is a stud and has such big play ability! The Defense will be better, I promise!
15. Washington Redskins- Will RG3 be ready for week one? I doubt it, but if he is this team will jump up my rankings.
16. Chicago Bears- Brandon Marshall should have another huge season.
17. Baltimore Ravens- Defending Super Bowl Champs will struggle after key losses.
18. St. Louis Rams-Tavon Austin could give this offense the spark they need.
19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Added Darrelle Revis which should make this defense improve.
20. Pittsburgh Steelers- Le'Veon Bell could be the next rookie running back to shine.
21. Detroit Lions- Adding Reggie Bush could be a nice addition.
22. Miami Dolphins- Adding Mike Wallace will make the Dolphins an interesting team.
23. San Diego Chargers- Phillip Rivers can make this team a top 20 team.
24. Philadelphia Eagles- Chip Kelly will try to provide some trick plays!
25. Cleveland Browns- Trent Richardson should improve and help this bad offense.
26. Kansas City Chiefs- They got the #1 overall NFL Draft pick in Eric Fisher, but still will struggle.
27. Arizona Cardinals- The addition of Ryan Swope should provide more production for Larry Fitzgerald.
28. Buffalo Bills- They took a reach to grab E.J. Manuel, will he step in and provide some support?
29. Tennessee Titans- Quarterback controversy?
30. New York Jets- Rex Ryan is on the hot seat!
31. Oakland Raiders- If Darren McFadden can stay healthy they have a shot at being a top 20 team.
32. Jacksonville Jaguars- Don't be shocked if they stink again.
Thursday, June 6, 2013
What do the Vikings have to prove this offseason to get Minnesota fans excited? Is the new Vikings stadium enough to do that? How about Cordarrelle Patterson? Adrian Peterson saying he is going to rush for 2,500 yards? 10-6 record last season?
I will tell you what I am so stinking excited for the Minnesota Vikings to hit the field this season. It's the last season at Mall of America Field and that is something that gets me a bit giddy. Our franchise has a lot of good things going for them and the end of the era of the Hubert H. Metrodome/Mall of America Field is exciting. I have had so many great memories there from tailgating to watching our Vikings beat division rivals Green Bay Packers, Detroit Lions and Chicago Bears. I have also seen my fair share of Playoff games, i remember buying fake scalped tickets for the Vikings vs. Green Bay game back in 2009. Seeing players play like Barry Sanders, Michael Vick with Atlanta, John Lynch, Brian Urlacher, Michael Strahan, Warren Sapp and of course my most hated Packer of all-time Brett Favre. I have seen so many great Vikings players like Adrian Peterson, Randy Moss, Daunte Culpepper, Cris Carter, Jared Allen, Gary Anderson, Matt Birk, Jeff Christy, Randall Cunningham, Ed McDaniel, Warren Moon, John Randle, Jake Reed, Robert Smith, Antoine Winfield, etc. As a Vikings fan I have also gone through a lot of tough times which I will not discuss due to the pain and tough memories. I also remember seeing Korey Stringer play, what a sad story.
This year I am EXCITED probably just like every previous year, who doesn't love watching football on Sundays and now on Thursday's? Thanksgiving? Playoffs? Super Bowl? I live for every Vikings game and I love seeing everything that comes before the start of the regular season. I have never played football, so I don't know what it is like to step out on that field for practice or a game, but I do know I feel the excitement and emotion from the players. I honestly think about the Vikings probably more than most fans or matter of fact most players. I get nervous (I sweat a bit), excited and probably a little emotional.
I am excited! This year is a new year and we start out 0-0, I will create new memories, new friends and Vikings fans and even create more enemies of Packer, Bears and Lions fans. Ok, maybe not Lions fans! How can you hate Lions fans? I feel bad for them probably more than anything. We have some great pieces in place with the BEST Runningback to ever play this game and yes I said ever in Adrian Peterson. We get to watch Jared Allen do a little calf roping and could be the last season we get to see him in Purple. We get to see other veterans like Chad Greenway and Kevin Williams. We get to watch Kyle Rudolph and the "Ice Auger" and Brian Robison. We also get to see guys who are rookies and if they will have an immediate impact like Cordarrelle Patterson, Xavier Rhodes, Sharif Floyd, etc. We get to see an old division rival wear Purple in Greg Jennings, "that's pretty neat". We also get to see if Christian Ponder is the answer at QB and can take the next step or not.
Vikings fans, if you aren't a little excited after reading this you better look into the mirror and determine if you are truly a Vikings fan or not. To all my Vikings fans out there prepare for another fun season and "get your purple on". THE SEASON HAS ALREADY STARTED!!! Skol Vikes, Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!