Thursday, June 6, 2013

Excited?

What do the Vikings have to prove this offseason to get Minnesota fans excited? Is the new Vikings stadium enough to do that? How about Cordarrelle Patterson? Adrian Peterson saying he is going to rush for 2,500 yards? 10-6 record last season? 

I will tell you what I am so stinking excited for the Minnesota Vikings to hit the field this season. It's the last season at Mall of America Field and that is something that gets me a bit giddy. Our franchise has a lot of good things going for them and the end of the era of the Hubert H. Metrodome/Mall of America Field is exciting. I have had so many great memories there from tailgating to watching our Vikings beat division rivals Green Bay Packers, Detroit Lions and Chicago Bears. I have also seen my fair share of Playoff games, i remember buying fake scalped tickets for the Vikings vs. Green Bay game back in 2009. Seeing players play like Barry Sanders, Michael Vick with Atlanta, John Lynch, Brian Urlacher, Michael Strahan, Warren Sapp and of course my most hated Packer of all-time Brett Favre. I have seen so many great Vikings players like Adrian Peterson, Randy Moss, Daunte Culpepper, Cris Carter, Jared Allen, Gary Anderson, Matt Birk, Jeff Christy, Randall Cunningham, Ed McDaniel, Warren Moon, John Randle, Jake Reed, Robert Smith, Antoine Winfield, etc. As a Vikings fan I have also gone through a lot of tough times which I will not discuss due to the pain and tough memories. I also remember seeing Korey Stringer play, what a sad story. 

This year I am EXCITED probably just like every previous year, who doesn't love watching football on Sundays and now on Thursday's? Thanksgiving? Playoffs? Super Bowl? I live for every Vikings game and I love seeing everything that comes before the start of the regular season. I have never played football, so I don't know what it is like to step out on that field for practice or a game, but I do know I feel the excitement and emotion from the players. I honestly think about the Vikings probably more than most fans or matter of fact most players. I get nervous (I sweat a bit), excited and probably a little emotional. 

I am excited! This year is a new year and we start out 0-0, I will create new memories, new friends and Vikings fans and even create more enemies of Packer, Bears and Lions fans. Ok, maybe not Lions fans! How can you hate Lions fans? I feel bad for them probably more than anything. We have some great pieces in place with the BEST Runningback to ever play this game and yes I said ever in Adrian Peterson. We get to watch Jared Allen do a little calf roping and could be the last season we get to see him in Purple. We get to see other veterans like Chad Greenway and Kevin Williams. We get to watch Kyle Rudolph and the "Ice Auger" and Brian Robison. We also get to see guys who are rookies and if they will have an immediate impact like Cordarrelle Patterson, Xavier Rhodes, Sharif Floyd, etc. We get to see an old division rival wear Purple in Greg Jennings, "that's pretty neat". We also get to see if Christian Ponder is the answer at QB and can take the next step or not. 

Vikings fans, if you aren't a little excited after reading this you better look into the mirror and determine if you are truly a Vikings fan or not. To all my Vikings fans out there prepare for another fun season and "get your purple on". THE SEASON HAS ALREADY STARTED!!! Skol Vikes, Owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!

No comments:

Post a Comment